Rheinisch-Westfälische Technischen Hochschule Aachen, Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg, Technische Universität Clausthal and Montanuniversität Leoben signed a memorandum of understanding during the autumn meeting of the Austrian Miners Association to further research in the field of material extraction in mining and tunnelling.
The cooperation aims to include:
- Joint, coordinated research activities and publications;
- Joint participation in national and European research projects;
- Joint applications for regional, national and European funding;
- Exchange of scientific information;
- Joint use of existing R&D infrastructure; and
- Joint approach towards other research- and industrial partners as “European Rock Extraction Research Group”
Through this research, the group hopes to significantly improve the selectivity and extraction rate of current and future systems in mining and tunnelling and develop new methods.