The cutter features legacy Joy cutting mechanisms combined with proven drivetrain components. The system has been revamped for the new machine and includes variable frequency drive (VFD) traction for variable tram speeds and load sharing.
Improved mobility and performance is addressed by introducing crab steering. The 22RU has 22.5 degrees of steering angle either direction to improve its repositioning capability along the face and boost productivity. A horizontal axis cable reel improves cable handling and helps improve safety. The 22RU’s swing out controller case and hydraulic module allow access to drivetrain and steering components.
Joy said that this new cutter offers versatility, as it can be used for both production and maintenance cutting, and also in industrial mineral applications.
The company is also working to expand its line of JOY-brand service products. Some of the new solutions on offer include:
- The JoyCut integrated systems solution, involving testing, analysis and ultimately the specification, design and manufacture of the right cutting system for each underground mining application ;
- P&H Optima dipper model upgrades, including the heavy-duty Snubrite and roller latch door, which eliminates adjustments and extends maintenance intervals;
- JS Blocksaver Mark I bitholder system, designed for ease of sleeve removal;
- P&H Delta Series Heavy Duty shovel crawler shoes with an elongated roller path for better shoe-roller contact and more durability;
- Joy Fluids programme, providing free sampling and analysis to help extend equipment life and lower maintenance costs; and
- JOY Ground engaging tools (GET) to meet all shovel, mining application and production requirements.