PRESS RELEASE: Eric Matson, global field engineering manager, Goodyear, commented: “This important addition completes the tyre’s size line-up, which covers a full range of applications and conditions, including snow- and ice-covered surfaces that require exceptional traction.”
The high net-to-gross 20.5R25 has a 40/32in (102/81cm) tread depth (G3/L3) for enhanced traction. Goodyear listed the AS-3A’s other features:
- Specially placed blades for optimised ice and snow traction;
- Multiple groove edges for excellent traction across all surfaces;
- Flexible block elements for low stone retention;
- Wide-base construction for high flotation, enhanced stability and low ground pressure; and
- A unique groove shape for optimized self-cleaning in all conditions.
Goodyear also plans to add a high-demand retread size, 23.5R25, for the AS-3A in 2018. The new retread size will complement the existing tread rubber selection for the AS-3A, which includes sizes 14.00R24/25, 16.00R24/25, 16.00x24, 17.5R25, 20.5R25 and 20.5x25.
The entire Goodyear AS-3A range is available through Goodyear’s comprehensive distribution network.
“Our worldwide support network helps make the Goodyear AS-3A available, when and where the tyre is needed,” said Matson.
“We also offer comprehensive after-sale services, such as on-site consultations, site audits, footprint evaluations, temperature studies and tyre surveys, all designed to help optimiae the performance of the Goodyear AS-3A.
“Our powerful management tools, including our exclusive EMTrack online tyre performance management system, are available to AS-3A customers, as well.”