Through this programme, the company invites startups, scale-ups, university spin-outs, and other potential partners to tackle chemistry-related challenges and uncover new ways to create value for customers.
To increase the focus on developing business opportunities from this year's edition, Nouryon has expanded the number of Imagine Chemistry partners to include Unilever; seed investor High-Tech Gründerfonds; and the Green Chemistry & Commerce Council (GC3), a collaboration that drives the commercial adoption of green chemistry.
Nouryon is looking for solutions in the following five areas:
- Label-free chemistries: Products with ingredients that require no chemical warning labelling that can safely and simultaneously control interface and fluid properties
- Performance-boosting nanoparticles: Small-particle solutions that can make customers' products more sustainable, durable, and/or functional
- Sustainable bio-based surfactants (in partnership with Unilever) that can be used in applications for mining and oilfield chemicals, fuels, personal care and beyond: Novel bio-based, non-hazardous surfactants, as well as building blocks for new surfactants
- Sensing in demanding chemical environments: Innovative sensing solutions to help Nouryon's chemical processes approach 100% resource efficiency
- Pushing the frontiers of chemical innovation: An open challenge for innovative ideas on developing more sustainable chemistry
Participants can submit their ideas from today via a dedicated online community and receive expert feedback until March 8, when submission closes. In May, 20 finalists will be invited to an intensive three-day event at the company's RD&I centre at Deventer in the Netherlands, where they will work with experts and business leaders to further develop their ideas into a joint value case.