A mining customer in Wyoming, US was constantly troubled by wheel motor issues, and approached Sulzer to solve the problem. Sulzer was able to react quickly and effectively to solve the issue, minimizing costly downtimes.
When an Off Highway Vehicle isn't running, a mining operator loses money minute by minute. As a result, speed of service is crucial, and Sulzer has developed a wheel motor exchange program to eliminate extended downtimes by rapidly replacing damaged wheel motors with rebuilt and tested units.
- Provide a quick wheel motor turn around on the customer's existing haul truck fleets
- Reduce downtime on customer's haul trucks from failed wheel motors
- Offer competitive pricing on rebuilds and components
- Provide a source for parts that are hard to locate or require a long lead time by OEM
Sulzer was able to develop a fast and effective solution for the customer due to the reactive nature of our service centres
- Sulzer devised the wheel motor exchange program to decrease customer downtime
- Offer in-house repairs such as welding, machining, rewinding of armatures and stators
- Offer in-house reverse engineering of components that are difficult to locate or have long lead times
- Stock a large inventory of support parts ready to go into service
- Wheel motors are test ran for performance and are checked for vibration and temperature prior to shipping to ensure quality
The customer benefits
The customer was able to get their operation up and running with minimal disruption due to Sulzer difference
- One-stop shop for the customer to reduce administrative efforts and overall lead time
- Sulzer don't just repair, we improve. Sulzer provides upgrades to existing wheel motors providing enhanced efficiency and increased run times
- Strong customer relationship developed offering visibility in project management, allowing the customer to review inspections and determine the best offering for their needs.