The company's patents on the invention date back to 2013.
Newtrax's flagship MineProx proximity detection system which is deployed on all continents is based on this patented technology which was specifically developed to reduce the risk of collisions between machines and pedestrians in underground hard rock mechanised mines.
Unique features protected by this patent which was also filed internationally include:
- Use of emergency buttons on cap lamps to request emergency stops from operators
- Detection of unconscious worker to automatically request emergency stops from operators
- Filtering of nuisance alarms based on status of cap lamps
- Filtering of nuisance alarms based on status of equipment
- Start of shift system integrity monitoring process
"Newtrax invests significant amounts in R&D every year to remain the market leader and filing for patents is part of our strategy to protect our investments." said Alexandre Cervinka, President & CEO of Newtrax Technologies Inc.