PRESS RELEASE: The 2nd generation WGR pump includes several innovative features, including fully replaceable liners designed using computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation that provide an improved performance over the first-generation WGR pump.
The liners and impeller are manufactured from premium Linatex rubber and housed within robust casing halves. According to Weir Minerals, enhancements to the casing design simplify maintenance and minimise downtime. Other new features include the introduction of an expeller gland seal for optimum performance, as well the option of having a low-flow packed gland and the unique D gland seal.
The rugged design of the WGR pump makes it suitable for use in the production of sand and aggregates, as well as other applications within mineral processing, coal preparation and power sectors and general industrial applications.
Weir Minerals said that the Warman WGR pump, which is available in seven different sizes, includes:
- Wear components that are optimised using the latest technology;
- Impeller and volute liners designed to reduce turbulence and deliver longer wear life;
- High-capacity bearings to withstand high loads;
- Large-diameter expeller seal to protect against high inlet pressures;
- Replaceable premium Linatex rubber liners;
- Simplified wet end design with fewer parts for ease of maintenance;
- Lifting points added to aid safe handling of heavy castings; and
- Axial impeller adjustment to maintain the gap to the throatbush, reducing recirculation wear.
Harvinder Bhabra, Weir Minerals Europe’s senior product manager for pumps, said: “Slurry pumps are central to modern extraction processes so must be reliable and cost-effective. Our 2nd generation Warman WGR pump combines exceptional performance, reduced downtime with added safety features and a lower cost of operation.”
The improved Warman WGR pump will be released to the European market in October and launched worldwide later in the year.